Schoeps Cut 60 Hz Active Low Cut Filter for Colette Series
At NAB, SCHOEPS introduced the CUT 60 Active filter for the Colette range. The CUT 60 is a great alternative to the CUT1 – it’s smaller, lighter and less expensive but with the same 60 Hz 24dB fixed Low Cut.
- Recommended for use with the MK41 on a boom
- Can be screwed between MK capsules and CMC amplifier
- Very effective suppression of low-frequency wind noise and solid-borne noise
- Extremely steep filter (24dB/oct)
- The signal "speech" is not affected
The CUT 60 is inserted between the MK capsule and the CMC microphone amplifier.
It prevents the effect of infrasonic disturbances from being passed on to any succeeding device. In particular, pressure-gradient transducers (directional microphones) produce very high infrasonic signal levels when exposed to wind or in elastic suspensions. These can saturate an input transformer or an amplifier stage even before the audible portion of the disturbance becomes noticeable. To avoid this, a very sharp (24 dB/oct) infrasonic filter at 60 Hz is permanently engaged. It has no effect on speech.
Weight: .50 oz.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!