Sound Devices SL-6 SuperSlot Powering & Wireless System
Pre-order Available now. Expected ship date June/July 2015
"When used with the SL-6 accessory, the 688 provides tight integration and control of wireless manufacturers’ slot-compatible receivers with no cabling required."
--Paul Isaacs, Vice President of Marketing at Sound Devices
The optional SL-6 powering and wireless system simplifies interconnection between the688and multiple channels of wireless by accepting three dual-channel slot-in receivers. The SL-6 offers all powering and audio interconnection for standard slot-in receivers and additional control and monitoring when used with SuperSlot-compatible receivers. The SL-6 easily attaches directly to the 688's top panel and also offers antenna signal distribution to further declutter the bag.
With its NP1 battery slot, USB charging port, two 12 V isolated outputs, and two non-isolated direct battery outputs, the SL-6 is a great powering hub for peripheral devices in a sound mixer's bag.
Regarded as the industry’s first non-proprietary, open wireless control and interfacing standard, SuperSlot, developed by Sound Devices, is the result of its collaboration with a number of leading wireless manufacturers including Audio Ltd, Lectrosonics, Sennheiser and Wisycom. The standard allows for all powering and audio interconnection, plus control and monitoring between SuperSlot-compatible mixers and receivers.
SL-6 Compatible Wireless Receivers
(Audio and Powering)
(Control and Monitoring from 688 LCD)
|Audio Ltd||En2 CX2-P||✓||--|
|Lectrosonics||SRa||✓||✓ with SRb & audio board updates from Lectrosonics|
|Lectrosonics||SRb||✓||✓ with audio board update from Lectrosonics|
|Wisycom||MCR42||✓||✓ with SLK42-IKSS rear panel adapter|
- Accepts three dual-channel slot-in wireless receivers for a total of six channels.
- Compatible with existing slot-in and new SuperSlot wireless receivers.
- Ability to set SuperSlot-compatible receiver frequency and power on/off from the 688.
- Ability to monitor SuperSlot-compatible receiver battery, audio and RF levels from the 688.
- Accepts analog or digital audio depending on wireless receiver.
- Built-in antenna signal distribution
- NP-1 battery slot for powering 688, receivers and external peripherals.
- USB charging port.
- Two 12V isolated outputs.
- Two non-isolated direct battery outputs.
- PowerSafe 10-second power reserve.
- Easy to attach to the 688.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!