The Super-Softie is a premium slip-on microphone Windshield with Rycote’s new revolutionary 3D-Tex fabric covering for unparalleled sonic performance, wind-noise suppression and field durability.
3D-Tex contributes to amazing noise reduction by both its layered internal structure and its surface texture. It retains its acoustic properties even under adverse conditions. If 3D-Tex becomes rain soaked it can be squeezed out and shaken dry very quickly - if it becomes coated with dust it can be rinsed quickly without affecting its performance.
The Super-Softie combines excellent acoustic transparency with superb attenuation of wind noise. It has no rigid internal structure, causes virtually no polar pattern distortion and is extremely robust in challenging environments such as ENG. Its shape and structure allow it to reduce wind noise at extreme LF and infrasonic frequencies - where the greatest wind energy lies - more efficiently than previous designs. The initial noise reduction can be in excess of 30 dB and acoustic artifacts are extremely low.
- Novel shape & 3D-Tex give greatly improved wind reduction compared to conventional “soft” windshields
- Same diameter as Classic-Softie, but with far greater performance
- A true cavity design, with superb performance at extreme low frequencies (where wind noise is worst)
- Extremely durable, robust enough for the most challenging ENG and Reality-TV situations
- High immunity to rain-soaking, and maintains excellent acoustic transparency in almost all situations
12cm (19/22):Suitable for Audio-Technica AT 4073a, BP4073, AT 875, AT875R, AT 877. DPA 4017b, 4017c. Schoeps CMIT 5U. Sennheiser MKH 8060. Sony ECM 673, ECM 674.
15cm (19/22):Suitable for Audio-Technica AT835ST, BP4029, AT897. Neumann KMR-81i, KMR-81D. Rode NTG-1, NTG-2. Sanken CS-1, CS-2. Schoeps SuperCMIT. Sennheiser MKE 600. Shure VP82, VP89S.
18cm (19/22):Suitable for Rode NTG-3, Sanken CS-3e. Sennheiser ME 66 K6, ME 80 K3U, MKH 416, MKH 418. Sony ECM 670, ECM 678, ECM 680S.
18cm (24/25):Suitable for Sennheiser MKH 60, Sony ECM 672.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!