The SyncBac PRO is a simple solution enabled by the innovative application of Timecode Systems’ robust wireless workflow technology.
The SyncBac PRO is a tailor-made accessory for the GoPro HERO4 Silver and Black.
- Seamlessly attaches via the HeroBus™ 30 pin port.
- Compact design keeps the GoPro as small and light as possible.
- Compatible with GoPro HERO4 Black and Silver standard BacPac backdoor housings.
- Internal battery that last 12 hours.
- No external connectors required.
Timecode sync is via B:LINK – a wireless long range sync, control and metadata exchange protocol developed by Timecode Systems.
- Operates over long range 865MHz to 923MHz RF.
- Set up a :wave or :pulse as your B:LINK master unit.
- Activate B:LINK slaves by selecting the same RF channel.
- Monitor and control everything from one location.
The B:LINK Hub is a new feature embedded within the Timecode Systems :pulse.
- Real-time access to a production dashboard displaying every Timecode Systems camera and sound unit on a rig. This includes GoPros with SyncBac PRO.
- Accessed from the Web browser of any smartphone (iOS or Android), tablet, Mac® or PC over Wi-Fi, or through a wired Ethernet connection into the :pulse.
- Centrally timecode sync video and audio timecode and metadata in complex multi-camera set-ups. Including rigs with multiple GoPros.
- Remote record start/stop and control multiple GoPros centrally from a computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Maximize battery life of gear-mounted GoPros by using remote camera control, status and monitoring functionality.
A swift edit
At the end of a shoot, hand post-production an SD card with frame accurate embedded timecode.
- Creates an MP4 file embedded with frame accurate timecode at source.
- Upload into AVID Media Composer, Apple Final Cut Pro X or Adobe Premiere PRO. All are compatible.
- Use the MP4 file or transcode to Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHD – the timecode remains stable.
SyncBac PRO integrates GoPro footage seamlessly into a professional production workflow in three ways.
Timecode sync multiple GoPros
Attach a SyncBac PRO to every unit and timecode sync multiple HERO4 units via long range wireless RF. Simply make one GoPro the master unit and timecode sync unlimited GoPro slaves.
Timecode sync with pro cameras & pro audio devices
When docked with a SyncBac PRO, GoPros integrate perfectly into a Timecode Systems production workflow. This means they can wirelessly timecode sync with any professional camera and audio equipment using a :pulse,:wave or :minitrx+ unit for timecode.
Wireless monitoring & control
When connected to the B:LINK Hub dashboard via a :pulse, SyncBac PRO users can remotely control and monitor multiple GoPros from any smartphone (iOS or Android), tablet, Mac® or PC. This, among other things, unlocks the capability to adjust camera settings and record start/stop remotely – a great way to maximize a GoPro’s battery life when it’s gear-mounted or not easily accessible.