Universal Host easily converts your IP or PBX telephone into a professional, affordable interview station. This desktop digital hybrid provides talk show quality caller audio from most telephone systems. Simply connect between your telephone handset and the base of your telephone.
Talk Show Quality Interviews: Connect a professional dynamic mic and headphones to Universal Host to capture your voice in full audio bandwidth, while maintaining excellent separation between your voice and the caller.
Conference Room: Easily connect your PA system to the existing IP or PBX telephone system. The echo canceller algorithm prevents feedback and allow full duplex conversations.
The 16 bit USB audio CODEC allows stereo recording at up to 48 kHz sampling rate, with the talent voice on the left channel in full bandwidth, and the caller on the right. Play recordings from your computer directly into the phone system.
The digital hybrid connects audio signals to your IP or PBX type telephone system through the telephone handset cord. The Digital Signal Processor (DSP) continuously monitors both transmit and receive audio signals to deliver excellent separation. This proprietary, dual-convergence echo canceller algorithm can achieve excellent separation without any setup, and without sending a noise burst down the line.
Universal Host provides connections for a microphone, headphones, mixer, sound card, and telephone handset. The stereo output jack on the back of the unit provides your voice on one channel and only the caller’s voice on the other channel. The balanced XLR output jack contains only the caller’s voice. The Handset and Online buttons select between talking on the handset, or sending and receiving through the audio connections. A second switch selects between monitoring the caller or listening to the USB codec over the headphones.
- 16 bit USB Audio CODEC
- 16 bit DSP technology
- Excellent separation of caller and talent voice
- Proprietary auto null algorithm, 50 dB null
- XLR input (mic/line switch)
- 3.5 mm line input
- XLR caller output
- 3.5 mm line output
- 3.5 mm headphone jack, source selector switch
- Send & Receive LEDs
- Switch selects between electret, dynamic, and carbon handset types
- Made in USA
- Mic/Line: Balanced Female XLR, 1kohm, 15 mVRMS (-35 dBu) nom. Mic/Line pad switch = +6dBu max
- Line: 3.5 mm mono, 20kohm, 250 mV RMS (-10 dBu) nom.
- Balanced: Male XLR, 200ohm, 500 mV RMS
(-4 dBu) nom. +14 dBu max
- Unbalanced: 3.5 mm stereo, 50 ohms, 250 mV RMS (-10 dBu) nom. +6 dBu max
Left = send, Right = caller.
- Headphone: 3.5 mm stereo, 8 ohms, 1/2 watt/ch
- Connector: Mini Type B female
- Standard: v2.0
- Sampling Rates: 32kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz
Handset: RJ22 4P4C
Phone Base: RJ22 4P4C
Handset Type: Switch selects electret, dynamic, or carbon handset microphone types.
Isolation: 1500 VAC
Frequency Response: Telephone Side 200Hz - 3600Hz
Power: 120-240 VAC power supply (included).
Size: 7” x 6” x 1.6” (18 x 15 x 4.2 cm)
Weight: 2.2 pounds