Master Lockit, ACN-ML
The flagship and hub of the sophisticated Ambient ACN System
The ACN-ML Master Lockit is both the flagship and hub of the sophisticated Ambient ACN system.
It is a time code master and „On the Set“ metadata server
With its dual processor architecture the Master Lockit truly is the most powerful time code device we have ever built. Providing the acclaimed Lockit time code generator with its rock solid, highly accurate, temperature compensated oscillator and the sophisticated ACN it enables features like generator buffered time code transceiving or 0.0ppm drift between linked units through the unique continuous jam with control and monitoring through the integrated web GUI.
Control all ACN Lockit devices on set
Being designed to perform as central hub in your system, the unit is able to display and control all other ACN devices on set. With built-in web access, ACN system control is also available using the browser of any computer or mobile device via WiFi or ethernet.
This enables you to name your Lockits and assign them to the camera or audio recorder to which they are connected. What's more, you can remotely view battery status, set the time, use time of day, see the last clap time of the ACN-LS, and sync all ACN units on the set.
Thus, one ACN-ML on your sound cart or in your bag prevents for many checks. Simply switch on your Lockits in the morning, set them to the correct ACN channel, and mount them on the device. The rest can be performed remotely and you always are up to date what your units are doing.
Interfaces with cameras for critical metadata collection including full ARRI ALEXA support
Ambient has partnered with ARRI to integrate ALEXA metadata protocol into the ACN-ML via Ethernet. This enables the Master Lockit to supply the ALEXA with driftless time code while simultaneously collecting metadata.
In addition, it has built-in GP I/O and LANC ports, enabling the Master Lockit to collect record start / stop positions of most cameras, including Red, Blackmagic and Panasonic.
Built-In WiFi router shares ACN collected data between multiple iPads
While the internal memory centrally stores and hosts all metadata collected through ACN connected units iPads running LockitSCRIPT and TonMeister apps automatically sync their data though the Master Lockit's router functionality. Meanwhile, a local data backup is preserved on ACN devices and the apps for maximum data safety or later synchronization with the hub.
- Integrated web server, router, and metadata storage
- Collects and stores all ACN distributed metadata
- Forwards metadata to iOS devices
- WiFi routing for communication between LockitSCRIPT and TonMeister appsWeb interface to control and monitor ACN enabled devices on the setReads and stores ARRI ALEXA metadata via Ethernet
- Reads and stores record start/stop TC of all cameras with GP I/O or LANC
- Highly accurate Lockit time code generator
- Generator buffered time code transceiver
- Drift of less than 1 frame a day (~0,1ppm)
- No drift at all within the ACN
- Supports all SMPTE frame rates
- Sunlight readable OLED Display
- Adjustable time code output for recording TC on audio track
- Material: rugged, anodized aluminum
- Dimensions: approx. 121.5 x 66 x 30 mm
- Weight: approx. 300 g